Hey Delights
The backbone of the Unf*ck Your Habitat strategy is a 20/10 system. 20 minutes of cleaning and a 10 minute break which works perfectly for me because it is very similar to the timer method that I use AND she stresses the importance of breaks, which I talked about during this episode of The 12 Days of January.
She also stresses that the time should work for your life, which is pretty much the theme I spoke about during the entire he 12 Days of January. So if 20/10 doesn't work but 10/5 or 30/15 does, then go with it. So even 1 thing in it's place a day, is a success. She also intersperses "mini challenges" into the book for you to do at various parts. So for example, snap a picture of the space in front of you and take 5 things in the picture and put them where they belong.
One of the things that I love most about her approach to tackling cleaning and organizing your home is that she includes people who have physical challenges with mental challenges. She talks a bit about depression & anxiety, childhood cleaning trauma and how our minds and our messes tend to converge. I felt that even if you do not suffer from any of those conditions, there was value in her addressing it.
She addresses the issue of people judging others as giving excuses and how there is a difference between legit reasons and excuses. And feeling overwhelmed is a legitimate reason for a lot of things.
She also addresses the "Cleanliness is next to godliness" mantra and calls it out for being extreme and wonders why things like kindness and compassion aren't next to godliness.
The backbone of the Unf*ck Your Habitat strategy is a 20/10 system. 20 minutes of cleaning and a 10 minute break which works perfectly for me because it is very similar to the timer method that I use AND she stresses the importance of breaks, which I talked about during this episode of The 12 Days of January.
She also stresses that the time should work for your life, which is pretty much the theme I spoke about during the entire he 12 Days of January. So if 20/10 doesn't work but 10/5 or 30/15 does, then go with it. So even 1 thing in it's place a day, is a success. She also intersperses "mini challenges" into the book for you to do at various parts. So for example, snap a picture of the space in front of you and take 5 things in the picture and put them where they belong.
One of the things that I love most about her approach to tackling cleaning and organizing your home is that she includes people who have physical challenges with mental challenges. She talks a bit about depression & anxiety, childhood cleaning trauma and how our minds and our messes tend to converge. I felt that even if you do not suffer from any of those conditions, there was value in her addressing it.
She addresses the issue of people judging others as giving excuses and how there is a difference between legit reasons and excuses. And feeling overwhelmed is a legitimate reason for a lot of things.
She also addresses the "Cleanliness is next to godliness" mantra and calls it out for being extreme and wonders why things like kindness and compassion aren't next to godliness.
Side note: Chapter 2 could have been a few paragraphs
Reading this on a mobile phone? Click "view web version" to comment!